Piercing Services for Minors
At Somatic Body Piercing we believe in a healthy, safe, and fun piercing experience for all. For our clients under 18, we have special policies that keep your family and our business safe. Please read our Minor Policy carefully, as we require extra documentation before we are able to provide any services for minors. These policies apply for all services such as piercings, jewelry installs, jewelry removals, stretches, and adjustments.
- Minor must be at least 16 years of age. We do not pierce anyone under 16, even with parental consent.
- Parent/Guardian must be present at the time of the piercing/service.
- A picture ID is required by both the minor and the parent/guardian. For the minor, we will accept a current school ID, driver’s license, state ID card, or passport. For the parent/guardian, we require a valid state-issued picture ID such as a driver’s license, state ID card, military ID, or passport.
- For minors accompanied by their parent, the minor's original birth certificate is required. Abstract of birth, photocopies, or photos of documents are not accepted.
- If the minor is accompanied by a legal guardian, legal guardianship documents and valid picture ID’s must be presented.
- Names on the birth certificate or legal guardianship document must match names on the ID’s. If names do not match, proper legal documentation of name change must be presented (ex. Marriage certificate).
- Emancipated minors must provide proper legal documentation with a valid state-issued picture ID. Name on ID must match the name on the emancipation document.
We provide the following piercings and services for minors:
Earlobe up to 10 gauge
Outer and inner ear cartilage up to 12 gauge
Earlobe stretching up to 10 gauge
Install/removal of jewelry for all above piercings